Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Quote from the Cube Farm...

It was a stressful day for your favorite demagogue. I managed, through a complex bit of ball dropping, to lose $21000 of my company's money. The tongue lashing that one expects after such a bungle was nowhere to be found so for that I feel blessed. However, though not chewed out, I still felt a bit off kilter after the morning's events so I decided to partake in that more dangerous of stress relievers, the Camel light. A colleague of mine, the only one who smokes "real" cigarettes (as in, not menthol) was good enough to give me the aforementioned tightly wrapped carcinogen. As we smoked under the dreary late morning sky we spoke of his pending wedding that is but a scant nine days from now and in the direction that conversations between men about nuptials tend inevitably to go, we began to joke about possible pre-vow dalliances. Naturally my colleague has a candidate for such a dalliance. She is fair and pretty, gentle and sweet and is, to quote the vernacular, wife material. After laughing about the possibilities we both agreed that to stray sounds like fun but is, in essence, opening Pandora's box. At this point, my soon to be betrothed fellow cubicle dweller referred to an enjoyable experience that could prove dangerous in the following manner:

"...it's like having a shotgun in my mouth, but I like the taste of the metal."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home